Search This Blog

Thursday, October 30, 2008

November Internet Special

Before The First Cold Snap
Inspection of your heating system
req $89 now $59

Expires November 30, 2008

Our Top Performance customers already enjoy two tuneups per year under our Top Performance Program.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Before You Replace One Section...

...of your central air system.

I was having a conversation the other day with a customer whose outdoor unit failed. Wanting to save a little money, (which is a good thing) he asked me about replacing the outdoor unit only.

Under normal circumstances this would be a good idea. But these are not normal circumstances.

Most older systems use a refrigerant called R-22. By January of 2010 manufacturers will stop selling central air conditioning systems that use R-22. Actually most manufacturers will stop making these systems sooner in order to empty their inventory. The new systems will use a more environmentally-friendly refrigerant called R-410a. Integrity Air has been selling R-410a systems for the past few years in anticipation of this change.

But I digress. The question before us is: What should you do if only one unit of your R-22 split system fails? The problem you have when you only replace that unit is that R-22 systems are not compatible with R-410a systems. If you install a new R-22 outdoor unit and you indoor unit fails around the fall of 2009, their may not be an R-22 indoor section available. You may be forced to replace the entire system with a new R-410a system.

These are some things to consider when shopping for a new system or partial system.